The T6 Ventilation Control system is designed as a complete engine room ventilation system for
use in vessels with an engine space that is well sealed from the interior accommodation spaces and where quiet automatic operation, maximum efficiency and engine room or remote control is preferred.
Engine room cooling to be provided by a push/pull airflow system with both dedicated intake fan(s) and dedicated exhaust fan(s) to remove convection and radiation heat from the engine room space and maintain a temperature at or below the maximum limit specified by the engine manufacturer when underway. Main engine/generator combustion air to be supplied by natural draft openings in the hull and/or superstructure.
Cooling Air Fan(s), Adjustable Speed Drive(s), Inlet and Exhaust Opening(s):
– Intake and exhaust cooling air for operating machinery to be introduced into the engine room space by dedicated fan(s). Fan(s) sizing, flow and performance is critical for proper control system function and proper selection is a must.
– In addition the Adjustable Speed Drives (ASD) for each fan that allows the T6 Ventilation Control System to adjust the fan speed and flow must be selected based upon the fan motor voltage, size and horsepower.
– Moisture Eliminators are recommended to be fitted to the intake and exhaust air openings to remove spray, rain and salt mist (all fans are reversible may be used in either flow direction via the T6 Ventilation Control System).
– Velocity and flow through the eliminator profile is critical to proper moisture separation as well as to ensure that engine room depression is within the engine manufacturer’s guidelines.
Please consult Delta “T” Systems regarding recommended opening size, ventilation shaft size and application engineering.
T6 Ventilation Control System – Automatic Operation:
– Fan operation to be digitally controlled via proprietary T6 Ventilation Control System using the FCI-T6 touch screen control interface located in the engine room or control room. When the main engines are started, the control system will automatically switch to the “AUTO RUN” mode and start the fans. The speed of the fans in this mode is automatically controlled based upon the temperature of the engine room space, maintaining the operating temperature at or below the engine manufacturers maximum temperature when underway.
– As temperatures rise and cooling air requirements increase, the fan(s) will automatically respond to the additional airflow demands and increase in speed. By automatically speed controlling the fans, the electrical loads and noise levels are kept to a minimum level based upon the prevailing operating conditions.
– Upon main engine shut down, the T6 Ventilation Control System will automatically switch the fan operation to the “QUIET RUN” mode to remove excess heat and cool the engine room. The operator can set the fan speed limit the when operating in the “QUIET RUN” mode so fan sound characteristics never exceed the desired level. When the engine room reaches the user set-able engine room temperature value, all fans will shut down. As the engine room temperature rises, the fans will continue to start and stop automatically, thus providing true thermostatic control of the engine room when dockside or when operating generators. When main engines are restarted, the system will then automatically switch to the “AUTO RUN” mode.
In the event that engine room ventilation is required, such as when performing engine room maintenance or removing fumes, the fans can be turned on and manually controlled in both forward and reverse directions from the FCI-T6 ventilation control system interface.
– Engine room ventilation is truly “Set and Forget” when using the T6 Control System.
System Safety Functions
– The T6 Ventilation Control System will automatically shut down all fans upon discharge of the fire system. A simple pressure actuated switch provided by the fire system manufacturer provides the signal to the system for automatic shutdown.
– Alarm System Interface – Provides a means to interface the T6 Ventilation Control System to an existing vessel alarm system. Normally open and normally closed contacts are provided. One interface is required for each touch screen display.
– FCI-T6 Remote – A remote touch screen control interface can be provided for an additional location such as the pilothouse or where fan remote control is required outside the machinery spaces. Includes display, interface cable, and adapter card.
– Fire/Smoke Dampers – All fans inlet and exhaust openings may be fitted with flange mounted aluminum and stainless steel fire/smoke dampers. In the event of a fire and subsequent discharge of the fire system, an ABS and U.S.C.G. approved actuator will close the damper automatically. This assists the fire system in maintaining the proper concentration of extinguishing agent by preventing dilution via the ventilation air openings. Actuation can be by CO2 & Halon fire systems and requires no electrical components. The dampers must have an access provided at the plenum to facilitate periodic testing and resetting. Electric Damper Actuators in both AC and DC voltages are available as a special order item.